Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day three of the four day "Calligraphy on Canvas" workshop is now in the history book, and it continues to go very well, I think. This evening we had a class dinner at a little Vietnamese restaurant in Crow's Nest called Phuong. I think it's fair to say that a good time was had by all. Plenty of good food and oodles of even better wine!!! I leave on Friday for Perth in Western Australia where I shall do a two-day workshop, and a lecture. That will make eight days of teaching in a nine day span, much of it while recovering from jetlag!!

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday, when, while having lunch, one of the students in my class from20 years ago showed up. We are now organizing a get together tomorrow night for as many as we can find. Belinda Pring is the organizer and we shall be heading down to Bill's Cafe on Blues Point Road for an evening of reminiscence. It should be quite wonderful. Unfortunately, it seems as though it will be unlikely to include the lady who organized my first trips over here, Susan Hammond. She now lives somewhere close by Canberra. You may be interested to know that she is Nicole Kidman's cousin.

Tomorrow, when I have a little time and don't feel like just falling into bed, I will download a few photos of the work and personae of this workshop. They have been an incredibly hardworking group.

More anon.

1 comment:

  1. i'm delighted to know that your classes have RoCKed.. but not at all surprised! Hope you can get a little rest inbetween festivities!

    ReplyDelete