Saturday, September 26, 2009

The pictures I have dropped in here are from the last three days. The ones from this morning of the haze over Sydney are not a haze at all but the second sandstorm which the city has experienced in the last four days. The first one was the worst in history, dropping a tonne of dust per hour on the city. Today's was much easier to deal with and had blown out to sea by 10am.

My first workshop began today and the people in it are delightful. I have never experienced anything in Australia from its people other than a great generosity of spirit. The gender mix is about par for the course in calligraphic circles. As the Elvis song said: There were thirteen women and only one man in town, and that's our mix. It was a great, if tiring day; I think maybe I'm not over jetlag yet, but I am working on it.

I now have my USB cable to download photos and will try to be a little more regular in future with posting them. My prints have sold pretty well I'm happy to say, and I may have to have Randal run some more off and ship them out here, before I head out to New Zealand! Can you hear me, Randal?! Now, I shall spend the evening in my room, watching cricket! How good is that!!?

2 comments:

  1. sounds pretty darned cool to me! Glad you are having fun, love! I'll make sure Randal heard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly has been a blast so far, but also hard work. I have eight days of teaching in nine days with the day off being a 3600 mile travel day!!

    ReplyDelete