Monday, September 28, 2009



The Letters From Hell class came to an end on Sunday and then today, we went straight into the Calligraphy on Canvas class. It never ceases to amaze me how people plunge right into tackling something as new and strange as pen manipulation. The ladies and gentleman who attended were wonderful students and showed great ability to take on this most difficult of disciplines.

Today, was a totally different day but yet another one which I think tested the participants. The concept of painting with words and letters rather than placing them on a background is a difficult concept to grasp, but again, the people in this class have knuckled right down and produced some wonderful beginnings. Some of the people said that they really didn't use color very much, but you could have fooled me.

This evening I met up with my old friend William Lai, as well as John Evans and Jill Osborne. John used to be the Clerk to the Senate here in New South Wales (I'm sure I've gotten his title wrong and I can only hope he'll forgive me). Jill was a past president of the ASC and I hadn't seen her in twenty years either!

First, John drove us all down to the Heads at Manly, the entry to the river running through Sydney. As can be seen from the photos, one gets a totally different perspective of this beautiful city. After that, WIlliam treated us all to wonderful CHinese meal at Ying's Seafood Restaurant in an area known as Crow's Nest. I was also presented with an exquisite book of a series of panels presented to the Chinese government on the occasion of the Olympic Games. It's got to be good; it weighs close on ten pounds!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the continuum Charles, I am enjoying the journey with you. See you in a couple of weeks! x gb

    ReplyDelete